The following text provides information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. The term personal data applies to all data that can be personally linked to you as a user, for example your name, address, e-mail addresses and information on your user behaviour.
General Information on the Collection of Personal Data
(1) The Controller in accordance with Article 4 paragraph 7 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the company Wolfsburg AG, Major-Hirst-Strasse 11, 38442 Wolfsburg, Germany; telephone: +49 5361 8970; e-mail: email@example.com; website: www.wolfsburg-ag.com (please also refer to our Legal Notice). You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address (see above) with the recipient “Datenschutzbeauftragter” (Data Protection Officer).
(2) We generally only process the personal data of our users insofar as this is required in order to provide a fully functioning website together with our content and services. The processing of the personal data of our users only takes place on a regular basis after consent has been granted by the user. Exceptions to this rule only apply in cases in which we are unable to obtain consent in advance for factual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by legal provisions.
(3) The legal basis for the processing of personal data: When we obtain the consent of a data subject to process their personal data, Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) forms the legal basis. When we process personal data that is required in order to fulfil a contract in which the data subject is the contracting party, Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR is the legal basis. This also applies to processing activities required for the completion of pre-contractual measures. If we need to process personal data in order to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. c GDPR forms the legal basis. If processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of our company or a third party and these interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR forms the legal basis for the processing.
(4) The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage of the data no longer applies. Storage of the data past this point may occur when stipulated by European or national law in Union regulations, ordinances or other laws to which the Controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted when a storage period stipulated by the standards specified above expires, unless the continued storage of the data is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract.
(5) Wolfsburg AG does not process personal data in countries located outside the EU.
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to your personal data:
• Right to information
• Right to rectification or erasure
• Right to restriction of processing
• Right to object to the processing
• Right to data portability
(2) You additionally have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection with regard to the processing of your personal data by our company.
The Collection of Personal Data when You Visit Our Website
(1) When you solely use our website for informational purposes and therefore do not register or provide us with information in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require in technical terms in order to show you our website and guarantee its stability and security (in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR as the legal basis):
• Your IP address
• The time and date of your request
• The time-zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• The content of your request (the concrete web page requested)
• Your access status/HTTP status code
• The data volume transmitted
• The website from which the request stems
• Your browser
• Your operating system and its user interface
• The language and version of your browser software
These data are also stored in our system’s log files. These data are not stored together with the user’s other personal data.
(2) The legal basis for the temporary storage of these data and the log files is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required to meet the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of data recorded in order to provide the website, this occurs when the user ends their visit. In the case of the storage of the data in log files, this occurs after seven days at the latest. Storage of the data past these deadlines is possible. In this case, the user’s IP address will be deleted or anonymised so that the client accessing the website can no longer be associated with the address.
(1) Alongside the collection of the data specified above, we also store cookies on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and allocated to the browser that you are using. The party responsible for storing the cookie (in this case Wolfsburg AG) uses it to access specific information (e.g. search terms entered, frequency of page visits, use of website information and navigation on the website). Cookies are unable to run any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and efficient on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functions of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Session cookies are a particularly common example of transient cookies. These store a so-called session ID that enables the different requests made by your browser to be allocated to the shared session. They enable your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log off or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific length of time, which can vary according to the cookie in question. You can use the security settings of your browser to delete these cookies at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes, for example by accepting third-party cookies or rejecting all cookies. You should be aware that by doing so, you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions of this website.
(3) The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
Web Analysis and Website Optimisation Using
(1) If you have given your consent, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google").
We use the function 'anonymizeIP' (so-called IP-Masking): Due to the activation of IP-anonymization on this website, your IP-address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
During your website visit the following data will be collected:
- the pages you call up, your "click behaviour“
- Achievement of "website goals" (conversions, e.g. newsletter registrations, downloads, purchases)
- Your user behavior (for example clicks, dwell time, bounce rates)
- Your approximate location (region)
- Your IP address (in abbreviated form)
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g. language settings, screen resolution)
- Your internet provider
- the referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
(3) Purposes of processing: On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your (pseudonymous use of the website and to compile reports on website activity. The reports provided by Google Analytics serve to analyse the performance of our website and the success of our marketing campaigns.
(4) Recipient: The data recipient is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland as data processor. For this purpose we have concluded a contract with Google. Google LLC, headquartered in California, USA, and, if applicable, US authorities can access the data stored at Google.
(5) Transfer to third countries: A transfer of data to the USA cannot be excluded.
(6) Duration of storage: The data sent by us and linked to cookies is automatically deleted after 14 months. Data is automatically deleted once a month as soon as the storage period is reached.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by
a. not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
b. downloading and installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics HERE.
By setting your browser software accordingsly you can also prevent the storage of cookies. If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, the functionality of this and other websites may be limited.
(7) Legal basis and right of withdrawal: Your consent is the legal basis for this data processing, Art.6 para.1 S.1 lit.a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by changing your selection in the cookie settings.
(8) Demographic data collection by Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics' demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section " Objecting to the collection of data".
Newsletter / Promotional Mail
(1) You can provide us with your consent to send you our newsletter, which we use to inform you about our current interesting products and services. The products and services advertised in this newsletter are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in method. This means that once you have submitted your e-mail address during the registration process, we send a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address provided in which we ask you to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after a month. We also store the IP addresses used and the times of your registration and confirmation. We do so in order to be able to provide evidence of your registration and, where applicable, to explain any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only information that you are required to provide in order to be sent the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of any other data marked as optional occurs on a voluntary basis. These data are used to personalise our newsletter for you. Once you have confirmed your registration, we will store your e-mail address in order to send you our newsletter. In the case that the user has provided consent, the legal basis for the processing of the data after a user has signed up to receive our newsletter is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to being sent the newsletter and cancel your subscription at any time. You can do so by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Legal Notice.
(5) If you provide your e-mail address in connection with the sale of a product or service, we may subsequently use this e-mail address to contact you via e-mail. In such cases e-mails will only contain direct advertising for our own similar products or services. The legal basis for sending such information e-mails after selling products or services is Section 7 paragraph 3 of the German Act Against Unfair Competition (UWG). You can ask us to stop sending you such information e-mails at any time. You can do so by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Legal Notice.
(6) The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required to meet the purpose for which they were collected. Users’ e-mail addresses are then only stored for the period in which their newsletter subscription is active. Other personal data collected during the registration procedure are normally deleted after a period of seven days.
(7) Rapidmail: This website uses Rapidmail to send newsletters. This service is provided by rapidmail GmbH, Augustinerplatz 2, 79098 Freiburg, Germany. Rapidmail is a service which organizes and analyzes the distribution of newsletters. The data you provide to subscribe to our newsletter will be stored on Rapidmail servers in Germany. If you do not want your usage of the newsletter to be analyzed by Rapidmail, you will have to unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a link in every newsletter we send.
(8) Data analysis by Rapidmail: For analysis purposes, emails sent with Rapidmail contain a tracking pixel which connects to Rapidmail servers when the email is opened. This allows us to determine if a newsletter message has been opened. It also helps us determine which links have been clicked on. All links in the email are tracking links that allow us to count your clicks. For more information about the analysis functions of Rapidmail, please refer to the following link: https://de.rapidmail.wiki/kategorien/statistiken/.
Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our website. The videos are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. These videos are all embedded in "extended data protection mode", meaning that no data concerning you as the user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data specified in paragraph 2 are only transmitted when you play the videos. We have no influence on the transmission of these data.
Integration of Vimeo Videos
(1) We have integrated Vimeo videos into our website. The videos are stored at www.vimeo.com and can be played directly on our website. These videos are all embedded in "extended data protection mode", meaning that no data concerning you as the user will be transmitted to Vimeo if you do not play the videos. The data specified in paragraph 2 are only transmitted when you play the videos. We have no influence on the transmission of these data.
(1) On various pages of our website, we offer users the option of registering by providing their personal data. The data provided in the registration process are used in order to enable users to use the services in the customer area of the website. Users are required to provide their data on a form, which is subsequently transmitted to us and stored. The data are not disclosed to third parties. The data collected can be read from the form during the registration process. The compulsory data required for registration are the user’s first name, surname and e-mail address. Users can also choose to voluntarily provide further details such as their street, postcode, town/city, telephone number, fax number and job title. The following data are also stored during the registration process: the user’s IP address and the time and date of their registration. The user’s consent to the processing of these data is obtained as part of the registration process.
(2) In the case that the user has provided consent, the legal basis for the processing of data is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR. If the registration is required for the fulfilment of a contract in which the data subject is the contracting party or for the completion of pre-contractual measures, the additional legal basis for the processing of the data is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR.
(3) The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required to meet the purpose for which they were collected. This applies to the data collected during the registration process if the registration on our website is cancelled or amended. This applies to the data collected during the registration process for the fulfilment of a contract or the completion of pre-contractual measures if the data are no longer required for the execution of the contract. We may still be required to store the personal data of the contracting party even after the conclusion of the contract in order to comply with contractual or statutory obligations.
(4) As a user, you can cancel your registration at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided. You can request that amendments be made to your stored personal data at any time. If the data are required for the fulfilment of a contract or the completion of pre-contractual measures, your data can only be prematurely deleted insofar as contractual or statutory obligations do not conflict with the erasure of these data.
You can cancel your registration in the customer area at any time. Users can withdraw their consent via e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Legal Notice.
Contact Form and E-Mail Contact
(2) In the case that the user has provided consent, the legal basis for the processing of data is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted when an e-mail is sent is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. If the objective of the e-mail contact is the conclusion of a contract, an additional legal basis for the processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR.
(3) We only process the personal data provided on the form to process your contact request. If you contact us via e-mail, this is also the required legitimate interest for the processing of the data. The other personal data processed when you submit our contact form are used to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure that our IT systems remain secure.
(4) The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required to meet the purpose for which they were collected. With regard to the personal data entered on the contact form and the personal data sent via e-mail, this applies when the corresponding conversation with the user has come to an end. The conversation is deemed to have come to an end when the circumstances indicate that the issue in question has been conclusively clarified. The other personal data collected when you send us an e-mail are normally deleted after a period of seven days.
(5) The user is able to withdraw their consent to the processing of these personal data at any time. If a user contacts us via e-mail, they can object to the storage of their personal data at any time. If they do so, the conversation cannot be continued. Users can withdraw their consent via e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Legal Notice.
All personal data stored when the user contacts us will then be deleted.
The Wolfsburg AG website contains links (flags) to the following social networks:
- Facebook (Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA)
- Businessnetzwerk XING (XING AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg)
- Twitter (Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA)
- Instagram (Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA)
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland)
If you visit our Websites and click on one of the links (flags), you will be directed to the respective presence of Wolfsburg AG in this social network. We expressly point out to the user that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by the service providers of the social networks. Further Information from the service providers can be found in the relevant data protection policies at https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy, www.xing.com/privacy, https://twitter.com/privacy, https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388 and https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
We may offer third-party links. Although we carefully check the links offered, we hereby inform you that we have no influence whatsoever on the design and content of the linked pages and expressly dissociate ourselves from their content. Wolfsburg AG assumes no responsibility for how your data is handled on these websites. We therefore ask that you find out about how these third parties handle your personal data in advance.
Last updated: July 2021